Monday, October 22, 2012

Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pumpkin Bread




 Weird conversation one might have with her husband on a Monday morning.

It's 7:00 a.m. I am standing at the sink washing dishes and getting the kids' breakfasts ready. My husband comes downstairs ready to leave for work.

MIKE: Do you need some money?

ME: What?

MIKE: Do you need some money? (Reaching into his pocket.)

ME: What are you talking about?

MIKE: Do you need money for the week? I can give you some.

ME: (Still confused.) Um, do you think it's 1950 and you're giving me my allowance for the week? Cause that's just weird.

MIKE: If this was 1950 then I would expect my slippers and a cigar waiting for me when I got home from work.  (Note: Mike neither wears slippers or smokes cigars.)

ME: If you are using that as a metaphor, I think it's safe to say that already happens.

Silence.

MIKE: I have no idea what you are talking about, but I can guarantee if this was 1950 you would not be using such big words and and complex concepts.

On to pumpkins.

So I have a garden full of sugar pumpkins out in the backyard so thick with vines, Mike had to stop cutting the grass around it. So it's like a jungle pumpkin patch. I roasted my first pumpkin from it a few weeks ago and decided to try a recipe for gluten-free, dairy-free pumpkin bread.


I only changed a few ingredients so all credit should really go to this recipe. I thought it would be just for me, but the kids downed half a loaf out of the oven. I forgot how moist pumpkin makes everything.

Make it. It's good.

Gluten-Free, Dairy Free Pumpkin Bread






Makes 2 Mini Loaves

Ingredients:

1 cup Bob's Red Mill GF all purpose baking flour
1/2 cup almond flour
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Pinch salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1/4 cup water
1 cup pumpkin puree (I used fresh and I did not bother to run it through the food processor)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 and grease two mini-loaf pans and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the Bob's Red Mill flour through the salt. In a small bowl, mix together the eggs through the pumpkin puree. Add it to the dry mixture and divide evenly among two pans. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.


Allow to cool for ten minutes and then remove from pan and cool on wire racks. Refrigerate!

 
This post has been linked to:

1 comment:

  1. Your pumpkin bread looks just delicious! It's wonderful it's GF and Dairy Free too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...