Friday, June 22, 2012

Cheeseburger Quesadillas




No matter how many burgers I grill, no matter how many people are eating, I always have one elusive cheeseburger left. Well, really there are always two burgers left, but my husband, who daintily claims he's so full, picks and picks at the second-to-last burger until it's gone, leaving me with the elusive one cheeseburger.

So I'm always searching for a way to upcycle it into a leftover meal. I've tried smashing it down into a sauce and mixing it with pasta, but I'm always met with lackluster results. So because I have an obsession with quesadillas (translation: I like taking almost anything, shoving it between two corn tortillas and calling it a day), I had this brilliant idea to make cheeseburger quesadillas. I was hoping they would turn out as fabulously as the cheddar bratwurst quesadillas I made last summer.


Yep, just as tasty. Seriously, what doesn't taste good in quesadilla form?

Cheeseburger Quesadillas






Ingredients:

1 leftover cheeseburger
Slices of American cheese
Lettuce
Onions
Mayo
Ketchup
Sweet relish
Corn tortillas
Grapeseed oil
Salt

Directions:

In a separate bowl, mix together 1/8 cup mayo with 1 tablespoon ketchup and 2 teaspoons sweet relish. Season with salt. Taste and readjust flavors if necessary. Set aside.

Smash the leftover cheeseburger on a plate with a fork.


Heat a swirl of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add one corn tortilla. Add a slice or two of cheese, some cheeseburger, lettuce, raw onion and a dollop of sauce.


Lay more cheese on top and then put another corn tortilla on top. Season with salt. Cook until the cheese gets a little goey and each side develops a golden color.


Cut in triangles and devour.


Repeat until all of the ingredients are gone.


This is the best way I found to use up that one mocking cheeseburger. You'll be wishing you had more than one cheeseburger to use. Oh, the irony.



3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and your pictures are amazing. Would love for you to share your photos with us at foodepix.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you recognize that American cheese is the superior cheese for burgers ;) This looks so delicious I might make a batch of burgers just to have one leftover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I might get flack for using American, but I didn't really care because there really is no substitute in this dish!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...