Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Some Things I Love: Mango Pineapple Julius




 If you are friends with me on Facebook, you know that I am loving these smoothies.


I am loving them so much that I actually emptied out some jars of food so I could store my make ahead smoothies in them. It's the perfect grab and go breakfast.

I am also loving the fact that I buy random clearanced items, like these blank die-cute cards and envelopes I got for 50 cents each, at craft stores whenever I go in.


While I am doing it, I feel sort of like a hoarder. Oh you know, buying things just to buy them because they are so incredibly marked down. I stand in the store caught in this mental fight between to buy and not to buy. Which is really stupid considering the things I am battling over are pennies, but when you come right down to it, it's not the money that makes me hesitate; it's the clutter. The clutter makes me downright jittery. But I always end up buying it, finding a rightful place for it and they end up being used, like these homemade Mother's Day cards from my 4 year-old.


With Mother's Day around the corner, brunch is surely upon some of us. And brunch is that weird meal where you don't want to eat something too heavy because then it seems like lunch and you most definitely want eggs involved because that screams breakfast. I usually end up making this crustless quiche everyone raves about and now I am adding this naturally sweet and thick, Mango Pineapple Julius to the menu. Made with only three ingredients -- fruit, milk and stevia -- it tastes downright sinful, but ha ha jokes on you sinful, it's not.

Mango Pineapple Julius






Makes 2 Cups

Ingredients:

Flesh of 1 mango
1 cup of frozen pineapple
Juice of 1 lime
1 cup milk (I used fat free cow's milk, you could sub any milk)
1 teaspoon stevia (optional)

Directions:

Dump everything in a blender. Process until smooth. Serve immediately.

This is how I measure 1 cup of frozen pineapple:


It' very important to use frozen pineapple and not to add any ice because ice would greatly dilute the flavor. The pineapple serves as the ice that thickens the julius and the flavor that naturally sweetens it. You end up with:


Yep!





Nutrition Information Per 1/2 Cup: Calories 79; Total Fat 0g; Total Carb 17g; Fiber 1g; Sugars 15g; Protein 2g
_________________________________________________________________________________
This post has been linked to the following blog hops:

1 comment:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious. I have everything I need. This will be breakfast tomorrow morning :- )
    Thanks for sharing.

    ~Dede

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...