Thursday, August 25, 2011

Framed Flower Gift Card Holder


Gift card exchange runs so ramped around here that we jokingly call Christmas The Annual Gift Card Exchange. Although it might seem trite and impersonal on the surface, sometimes a gift card is truly the perfect fit for someone. 

In cases like these, I like to make something about the gift personal and create a homemade gift card holder. It's so easy and the effect is just so cute and unexpected.


I had these cute flower stamps burning a hole in my drawer for a few months, so I decided to make this gift card holder a flower-stamped birthday card  Here's how I did it:

I started with a base brown card stock (and matching brown envelope) that was 5 x 8 (4) inches.


I wanted to create a frame for the stamped picture, so I used my Cricut machine equipped with the Fabulous Finds cartridge (which I happen to love -- so many unique things on that one) and created a pink rounded frame.


I cut a base green layer at 3.5 x 4.5 inches, the pink layer frame layer at 4 x 3.5 inches and the white layer for the stamp at 3 x 3.5 inches.


I stamped the white paper using a big black stamp pad. 


And then I immediately cleaned the stamp with my stamp cleaner. (I am so obsessive about cleaning my stamps immediately with stamp cleaner. My mom makes fun of me.)


I started building my layers by using double-sided tape.


And colored in the stamped image with colored pencils.


I then used the scrap from the inside of the frame that was cut (plus the inside of a test one that was .5 inch bigger) as the gift card pocket.


It worked out fabulously! I glued it to the inside of the card on the page that faced the message side of the card.


I also created a two-layer inside of white and green, the green layer measuring 3.5 x 4.5 inches and the white layer measuring 4 x 3 inches.


It ended up being a colorful, easy-to-make and useful card -- those are the best!


Give it a whirl!

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I have fabulous finds....gonna use this idea for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you can use different color in background then it looks more beautiful maybe some printed background .
    PVC cards
    Plastic Card Holders

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...