Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes


Chocolate and cherries. Oh, a match made in heaven, not unlike chocolate and peanut butter. And a match my dad has a particular liking for. So when Father's Day rolled around, I knew where to turn -- to my old standby it-doesn't-get-any-easier-than-this chocolate cherry cake. (It does beg the question, though: Can I exploit this dessert any more?)

I made it as a cake for my dad's birthday in March.


And two weeks later, I made it for my husband's birthday.


So it just seemed fitting, I turn these into cupcakes and make them for Father's Day.

Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes






Makes approximately 18 cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 package chocolate cake mix
1 large can (21 ounce) cherry pie filling
3 eggs
Chocolate frosting
Cherries for garnish

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with papers or grease well. Set aside.

Disregard box instructions and combine mix, cherry pie filling and eggs. Mix well.


Fill each cupcake nearly to the top (these don't rise much) and bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.

Cool cupcakes on a wire rack. Once they are done cooling, frost.


I used the Wilton tip 1A for the first time with a 12-inch pastry bag and it worked like a charm! And I've got to say all of the men in my life (and women for that matter) really enjoyed these easy chocolaty cherry cupcakes.



11 comments:

  1. These look so good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have one lucky husband- those look amazing! And I love that the recipe is so super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos and im sure they taste just as good as they look :) chocolate and cherries are a very much underrated combo in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are fantastic. The cupcakes were simply delicious. My family loved them. Thank you for this amazing recipe.

    Here is another great recipe I found: http://www.fourgreensteps.com/community/recipes/dessertsagoodies/chocolate-chocolate-cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awsm photo .. the cupcake is popping out of the screen. Looking good and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly delicious! I used to make this as a cake but in cupcakes is totally adorable! Thank you for the great idea!!!!! The pictures are incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    If I purchase the chocolate cake mix from a supermarket (such as betty crocker brand), would it be all the same quantity such that I can use it for this recipe? :) Please advise! Thanks!


    Regards,
    Min

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!

    Just to make sure, I really do not have to add any butter or sugar to the mix right? :)


    Regards,
    Min

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! You should be good as there is sugar in the mix and the syrup in the cherries seem to keep the cupcakes very moist!

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much gina! :))) I can't wait to try it with Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...