Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lemon Pepper Soy Sauce Marinated Pork Chops



There's nothing like a good pork chop on the grill, but when the weather outside is frightful (even though it's almost May!), you can still eat a delicious -- and perfectly tender -- pork chop cooked in a stovetop grill pan. This marinade is so delicious that every time I make these pork chops (whether on the grill or inside), I always wish I would have made more.

Lemon Pepper Soy Sauce Marinated Pork Chops






Don't be scared off by the lemon pepper; it really adds a unique flavor in combination with the soy sauce.

Ingredients:

1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
4 pork chops (I used boneless this time, but have used bone-in, thick, thin, whatever)


Directions:

In a casserole dish, whisk together the first five ingredients. Add the pork chops and turn to coat.


Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 1 1/2 hours. When ready to cook, prepare grill or grill pan. Depending on thickness, cook pork chops 3-7 minutes per side. The internal temperature of the pork chops should register between 145 and 160 degrees (145 degrees for medium and 160 degrees for well done).

Serve immediately or wrap in foil until ready to serve. I like to serve these with a side of Peas and Bacon.

If you're lucky enough to have leftovers (we had one chop leftover), enjoy it as my mom and I did today, cut up in a tossed salad of lettuce, cucumbers, onions, vegetable oil, salt and pecorino romano cheese.


14 comments:

  1. Great recipe Gina! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Let me know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to try this tonight. If I put my frozen chops and marinade in a ziplock bag and put that in the fridge now, I can toss it all in a sink of cold water if it's not fully thawed by supper, right? We're heading our of town until early afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyofa: I'm not sure about marinading frozen pork chops. I've never done it! I've always defrosted them and then marinated them. Let me know how it turns out!

    Gina C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was craving soy sauce and pork chops so I did a google search and made this last week and it was finger licking good! Makin it again tonight, my boyfriend loves it! Thanks for the marinade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad! My husband is obsessed with it too!

      Delete
  6. Loved the marinade...but after the fact I found out that soy sauce has gluten...just an FYI... but great recipe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try Kikkoman soy sauce. It's gluten free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this recipe has been on here for awhile, but I just wanted to say that this is our go-to for pork! Turns out perfect every time, super easy, and everyone loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just browsing for some pork chop recipes when i happen to see this.. Seems delcious and easy so i'm gonna try this tonight .. Hope my boss will love it!!

    #ghelyen_kates of Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very delicious! I never have any left overs

    ReplyDelete
  11. can i use regular soy sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this recipe! It's a solid standby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...